Well, it is but right now at this moment, I'm getting a little frustrated about the formatting and all the information crumpled together looks like an unorganised mesh, which wasn't what I had in mind when I started writing in the wiki.
I think I have ran straight into my first brick wall about writing this sandbox which is how am I going to put the information from the books in such a way that it makes it easier to reference. Bear in mind, the reason why I wanted to take the information out of the books is so that I can put them somewhere where they are cohesive and linked properly.
I think I need to draft a template which list down the significant information for adventurers in a certain order. I'm starting with the town of Quaervarr, which is really a simple town that only has one landmark (but more of my own creations will be added later) but it's already giving me a headache as I try to rearrange where and how should I present each information about the town's defenses, government, people, food source, important NPCs and plot hooks.
So far my template would include in order;
- Overview - A brief overall look of the location, perhaps one or two paragraphs just to give a general feel of the place.
- History - The complete history of the place, somehow I tend to get a better idea of a place when I know where it's coming from that led to its current position
- Population - A rough estimate of the populace but combination of what races inhabit the place is more important. Should I mention where each race comes from?
- Law & Order - A breakdown of the location's enforcement, defense and judicial system just in case the players want to get smart in looking for trouble.
- Economy - The important imports and exports that the location and what sort of goods that can be found there.
- Points of Interest - A list of places that might interest adventurers, each with their own wiki entry.
- NPCs of Note - A list of NPCs and personas that the adventurers would most likely meet, each with their own separate wiki entry along with a short description to mention any titles or positions.
- Plot Hooks - For GM information. What could draw the adventurers to the location and what adventurers are afoot in the location?
Somehow I feel something is missing and there's where you guys can come in. Do you think this list of information is complete for a sandbox? What would you include in your list of information for a sandbox-type wiki entry?
If you have a different approach of organising sandbox information, I would like to hear them too!