Pages

April 8, 2009

Word of Wizards - Arcane Heroes

Player's Handbook Heroes Preview 3

In this preview we move on to the first boxed set of Arcane Heroes which contains a male Tiefling Warlock, female Eladrin Wizard and a male Half Elf Bard.


Tiefling Warlock
Supposedly armed with a pact blade but I can't really make out what is it exactly that it's holding which looks more like an arcane flame or something. Versatile enough to be used as a hero or villain warlock or rogue though. It comes with an Eldritch Strike (level 1; at-wll) that is used in melee to slide an enemy 1 square if it hits.


Eladrin Wizard
A very generic looking miniature that wields a wand which I think can be used to represent any eladrin, elf or half elf arcane class that uses that implement. This wizard has a Repelling Shield (level 6; encounter?) which is an upgraded version of Shield that pushes the attack 1 square after the attack.


Half-Elf Bard
With a strapped bow, a scroll in one hand and the woodland color scheme, this mini is looking to be very useful. It can act as a ranger or any arcane class that uses a bow besides a bard. In fact, I find this mini more fitting to be an archer ranger than a bard. The pen is mightier than sword is proven for this mini with his Cutting Words (level 1? at-will) which is a ranged attack that pulls the target up to 2 squares.

Anything you like about these minis?

2 comments:

Michael "Stargazer" Wolf said...

I can't help myself, but these miniatures look awfully cheap. I am not sure but I think I've seen better prepainted miniatures even from WotC.

Questing GM said...

Hey Stargazer,

I know how you feel. I think it's the pain job.

These minis are supposedly to have the paint job of the rares during the randomize days.

The first picture of the goliath pic was pretty impressive but the final pic posted on the product page was underwhelmingly disappointing.

Still, I'll leave my judgment of the paint job when I actually see the physical product itself. Pictures on the internet just makes me skeptical and roll for disbelief.

ShareThis